JOB TITLE: Intake Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator
JOB LOCATION: Pinnacle Oncology Hematology
Facilitate scheduling for patients of corresponding physician/provider including scheduling of new patient consultations, recurring clinic appointments, patient testing and medical procedures for both clinical and research purposes.
- Scheduling and coordination of patient appointments, including potential research patients as well as requesting outside records for new patient appointments.
- Ensure appropriate and pertinent medical records are requested, obtained and are placed on the new patient chart for review, prior to the patient’s clinic encounter.
- Creates new patient record in practice management systems and EHR.
- Maintain data in scheduling software system.
- Act as liaison for patients enrolled on clinical trials and for patients on standard therapies communicating information to both patients and referring physicians.
- Obtain laboratory reports, scan results, biopsy results, outside hospital records, et al. as necessary to facilitate patient care.
- Track laboratory, medical, procedural, and scan reports thus ensuring test/procedure reports are completed and available for physician/provider/nurse review and notify appropriate personnel as needed.
- Assists with the maintenance of the scanning of outside and internal clinical records and reports.
- Notify billing office when tests/procedures/scans etc are scheduled (this is done by providing the billing office with appropriate copies of test/procedure/scan/orders etc. documenting what is scheduled).
- Collection of co-payments and deductibles from incoming patients according to financial schedule as needed.
- Manage incoming patient telephone calls regarding care and emergencies for corresponding physician as needed.
- Patient follow-up as directed.
- Assists with daily preparation of paperwork and EHR scanning at end of day for next clinic day
- Assist with faxing requested patient records.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- 2 years experience scheduling in a medical office required.
- Computer proficient including Microsoft Word.
- Familiar with medical and oncology specific terminology.
- Fast and accurate recordkeeping skills.
- Service-oriented and professional demeanor.
- Ability to multi-task and manage time effectively.