Research Finance Associate
JOB TITLE: Research Finance Associate
REPORTS TO: Research Budget and Finance Manager
Under the direction of the Research Budget & Contract Manager, this position will have responsibility for facilitating accurate billing, collections and accounts receivable/payable transactions for clinical trials in accordance with clinical trial agreements and federal regulations. An integral part of this role is liaising with internal clinical billers, research nurses, project managers, lab and pharmacy staff and accountant proactively.
- All duties associated with this position must be performed in a highly professional and confidential manner. This position requires the ability to seek continuous productivity improvements, anticipate necessary actions, to prioritize tasks, to follow projects through to completion and to use independent judgment.
- Setting-up, editing, maintaining, updating and closing studies in clinical trial management system (CTMS)
- Entering, posting and adjusting charges in CTMS
- Prepare and process work in progress and billings to ensure that all invoices are billed accurately, consistently, in a timely manner and within clinical trial agreement requirements.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate back up documentation for invoices.
- Follow up on invoices until payment receipt, escalating to management when necessary.
- Review and understand clinical trial agreements, service agreements and budget terms.
- Process and record accounts receivable/accounts payable transactions.
- Verify daily clinical trial subject visits against study budget, CTMS and EMR for clinical billing staff.
- Interact with research nurse, data managers, lab and pharmacy staff and clinical billers to ensure charges are accurate and complete.
- Establish relationships with ancillary service providers to ensure all invoices and charges are accurate according to service agreements.
- Process check requests and subject travel compensation requests.
- Set up accommodation’s for subjects needing hotel stays.
- Research and resolve billing and accounts payable issues.
- Scan and file research finance documents.
- Attend and contribute to research finance meetings.
- Set up purchase orders with sponsor and/or CRO’s (as required)
- Compile, maintain and print reports for aging, invoicing, checks received/posted and adjustments for weekly finance meetings.
- Perform study audits, close out and archiving.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Medical terminology
- General knowledge of accounting principles and processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem solving skills. Good judgment. High level of professionalism. Ability to manage multiple projects. Must have excellent computer skills with a high proficiency in MS Word and Excel.
- 1-3 years working in a research administration environment, preferably in a finance support role or similar
- Knowledge of clinical trial management systems (databases) and electronic medical records
- Ability to analyze and interpret legal contracts/documents
- Strong ability to work and interact with all personality types and level of employees/vendors